Saturday, July 02, 2011

Killjoys

On July of 2010, during breakfast on the hotel inSan Diego, Gerard was showing me the concept images for My Chemical Romance's new album, "Danger Days: The true lives of the fabulous Killjoys". I got so excited with that, and considering that the same concept would turn into a comic he's gonna do with Becky Cloonan and Shaun Simon, I told him I'd make a drawing when the album came up, that could be used as an alternate cover for the comic or a poster or something.


Well, the album came out last november and my drawing ended up being a promotional poster on their U.S. tour, so I hear.


Here's a step-by-step production process of the drawing.


Killjoys pinup - pencil


Killjoys pinup - half inked


Killjoys pinup - ink


Killjoys Pinup - flat colors


killjoys-pinup-color-final

13 comments:

Dj.D said...

That looks really amazing.

Walter Ostlie said...

This blows my mind. Love it. My sketch group is doing Danger Days theme in a few weeks. This just made me even more excited to do it.

jamie said...

That is wonderful, thanks for sharing.

Cassie The Venomous said...

I bought this poster when I saw them in April! Absolutely love it!

-Cassie

j_ay said...

amaaaaaaaaaazzzing!

DIY Fashion Lover said...

I got this poster when I saw them at the end of May. I love it!

Elton Dias said...

Demais cara, fico de cara com suas artes e a sua criatividade em montar pinups, o que era simples acaba se tornando monstruoso.
Demais mesmo mano.

VampireϟSugar said...

Excelentes dibujos!!!
me encantan!

Hieu said...

Wow, this is pretty awesome.

Marcelo Braga said...

Nice composition!

Chelsey said...

I came so close to buying this! Unfortunately it was sold out by the time I got up to the booth. I fell in love with the artwork because it looked very similar to yours. At the time I had no known (because it was so far away I couldn't read you signature or notice your distinct style). Great work! I love it.

ilustroide said...

OPa, pow, vi esse cartaz no Rio Comicon e no dia tava sem grana, só cartão....Ficou muito foda mano! Rola de comprar pela net?
Abr e parabens pelos trabalhos...

Daniel C.

ggoodrich said...

I'm glad that you provided us with this step by step drawing. Way to go Fabio and Gabriel!

xoxo,
Grace | employment posters