Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Childhood and the trip of growing up

Since we've done URSULA back in 2000 (wow! 10 years ago), we haven't really come back to the realms of children and childhood on our stories. There's a certain way of looking at life and explaining the world that sometimes is easier when you're looking at it through the eyes of a child.

Well, we certainly dug deep on our fifth chapter of Daytripper, just solicited, and I couldn't be prouder.

I like the power comics have to turn ourselves back into children at the same time they make the adults think harder about life. Very few things in life have this range.

I hope you are all enjoying our series. This is all I've ever wanted to do on a comicbook and we still have a lot to tell.

Daytripper cover 05

Daytripper 5 (of 10)



Written by FÁBIO MOON and GABRIEL BÁ; Art by GABRIEL BÁ and FÁBIO MOON; Cover by GABRIEL BÁ
At 11 years old, Brás's world was only as big as his house. But that changed when his family headed to his grandparents' countryside ranch. And there – at a place where the sun was stronger and the stars shone brighter – Brás would suddenly see everything under a new light!

Vertigo - 32pg. - Color - $2.99 US - Mature Readers
On Sale April 14, 2010

3 comments:

John G said...

I really really loved the second issue, a lot. It's really an amazing comic. Thanks for making it.

Hollis said...

yay yay yay! I was hoping we'd get to meet Bras as a kid! I am totally loving Daytripper, and I really hope it will go longer than 10 issues or that we'll see more of Bras and Jorge in another story

Anonymous said...

Fabio and Gabriel you have one of the best blog in the web, I want to ask you what do you thing when you are drawing ??? I work in safe meds and every person there love your work!!