Monday, December 15, 2008

Dallas 2 preview, and the guest.

Umbrella Academy cover issue 2

There's a preview of Umbrella Academy - Dallas, issue 2 at CBR. Here's the link. Check out one of Bá's great sequences in terms of character acting, "carema placement" and page layout. All that enhanced by Dave's suberb coloring and Nate's sharp lettering.

Fábio

In other news, I've been invited to be a guest at next year's San Diego Comic-Con, which will happen from July 22nd to July 26th. You can view the current guest list at this link. I was asked to provide a picture of myself or a self portrait to include in adversiting programs and sites and such, and I couldn't resist the opportunity to do a new drawing so, even swamped in work, I did this watercolor to send them. I even liked this one, and I like it much more than any picture I have here. Once I have more news about that, I'll post them in here.

Back to work, and thanks for reading.

4 comments:

Casey McKinnon said...

Wow... beautiful watercolor. The eyes are amazing. Congrats on being a guest at next year's SDCC! Hope I can make it so I can drop by and say hi.

Ben said...

I never realized you were so drippy . . .

Also, awesome.

João Edno "John" said...

Grandes!!! Um ótimo 2009 para vcs! Fiquei muito feliz com o resultado que alcançaram em 2008 e torço para que 2009 seja melhor!
Feliz Ano Novo!!!
Grande abraço

jazzlamb said...

The self portrait is amazing! I love your application of watercolor. It's absolutely beautiful! I'm drooling:)