Saturday, October 21, 2006

Leave a message.


artwork by Gabriel Ba for Casanova 6.

We hardly talk on the phone. Maybe I'm too much of a close personal contact kind of person, but I don't like phones all the much. They're fun to draw (specially if they're very old, or just don't exist yet), but boring to use.

Anyway, our phone doesn't even ring that much. We're working so much that we don't call anybody, and everybody knows we're working, so they don't call us.

Also, phones are distracting. Sometimes we want to be distracted, but more often than not, we're working, and the phone takes us of our working mood. I know some people who can work and talk on the phone at the same time (I know an awesome inker who inked with a brush, talked on the phone and watched TV all at the same time), but that's not for me. I pay too much attention on my very loose pencils, and then I leave to much to decide and have fun on the inking, so there I can't talk also. Maybe if I didn't have to hold the phone, but alsothat feels funny (CRAZY, more like it).

I'm ten pages alway from finishing the new story, so probably friday will be another suit day. Pictures will be taken, and maybe I'll make a short film of it. I guess this time around I'll even wear a tie, but it might get in the way of the inking.

3 comments:

Sail said...

I love that you wear a suit on the day you finish a story, Fabio! Such a classy thing to do.

Cheers,
Sail.

Anonymous said...

I always thought the same about phones. The thing is that several months ago I started a relationship with a guy who lives like 300 km away from me, so the only way to get in touch is by phone. We usually talk 2 for 2 hours each night, and I swear you...if I can't speak to him one night I really miss him.

Good luck with the new story. I'm looking forward to see more of your works.
Greetings from Spain.

Diana

monkeyinair said...

i like those classy old phones as furniture =|

KEEP GOING WITH YOUR STORY! =D

*pokes*,

monkeyinair