Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Women on the cover sell more books.


So...

Fabio tells me I'm not contributing a lot with this blog. He tells me I gotta say more things, write more texts, show more images. Fabio tells me I'm gonna be a star and people will come here to see what I have to show. Well, I don't know about that, but lets try to show some stuff, then.

As you might have seen all over the web now, the cover for the second issue of Casanova is out there. So I decided to show 3 steps of its production.

1. The layout - I did a small sketch and scanned it to try on the colors and the logo. Note the resemblance with the first cover: purple figure, with orange elements over a white background.



2. The B&W art - I just love black and white. Don't you?



3. The final version - so, those "feathers" on her back were not working and the white cover has already been done on issue #1, so I tried the black background and it actually worked a lot better, making the main character pop up. Black is your friend, it is what I always say.



I am keeping my palette restricted to the oranges and purples for now, because I want all these covers to have this unity. Although the covers have to work for every single issue, I want people to realize it is all part of a bigger story.

So, I hope you like these images, 'cause I don't know when I'll be back here again.

1 comment:

Adam said...

I really dig the logo -- any chance you'll share the origins of that?