Monday, June 20, 2005

After the weekend.

I had a dream with comics this weekend. I don't remember much of it, but it made me feel good while it lasted. It made me feel I was on the right track, despite the bumps on the road.

We're less than a month away from the San Diego convention, which is, mostly, our biggest link to the american comic book market. It's there that we meet new people, just as well as we meet the ones we already know. It's there that people who have bought some of our books have the chance to meet us face-to-face, have a book autographed and even get a sketch - just don't ask for horses!

I wonder if we put too much of our energy into this one trip. In doing so, we're mostly putting a lot of effort in our artist's career, as we're always showing what we've done between conventions to the editors we know (and to some we just met).

But what about the stories? How much easier does it get, year after year, to tell our own stories?

No comments: