Tuesday, April 12, 2005

ROLAND.




Do you already know about Roland?

Roland - days of wrath was the my first published work in the US. It was written by Shane Amaya, published by Terra Major and is available in the internet by our good friends at Kepri.com.

It was originally published as a four issues mini-series for which I did the first and third chapters. My brother did the second and final chapter. Working together with my brother always makes me try harder and give it my best, with our brotherly competition working out in the most positive way.

It was done in full color, and the colorist responsible for it was no other than Steve Oliff, better known for his work on AKIRA. I grew up enjoying his work on the Cosmic Odyssey, on that World's Finest mini-series Steve Rude drew, even on the first issues of Spawn. But his work on AKIRA just blew me away. The mood, the attention to detail and how much the colors added to the story, that will always be one of my references for colors in comic books.

Anyway, Roland is, above all things, a very good story. A really well told story. a story that I felt was so good that I agreed drawing it. The fact that we became friends with the writer during the making of the comic was only a plus to that story.

What is it about? Well, it's about Charlemagne's army. It's also about betrayal, about faith, about loyalty and revenge. It's a great story of sacrifice for a greater good, and of consequences upon times of war.

If you're interested, why not give it a try?

1 comment:

Hate Filled Poster said...

I bought Roland in a big order from Khepri around the end of last year. I loved it. There aren't a lot of historical epics from that time period produced today, at least in comic form. I second your recommendation for everyone to give it a try.